BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Louisiana Department of Health reports 4,778 new COVID cases, 44 new deaths, and 2,247 COVID patients currently in the hospital.
Here is the breakdown of COVID in Louisiana:
- 4,778 new cases bringing the total to 562,319 cases
- 44 new deaths, bringing the total for the state to 11,129 deaths
- 2,247 patients are currently in the hospital fighting COVID-19
- 224 COVID patients are on ventilators
- 90% of the cases from July 15 to July 21 are from not fully vaccinated individuals
- 85% of deaths from July 15 to July 21 are from not fully vaccinated individuals
- 89% of current COVID hospitalizations are from not fully vaccinated individuals.
Wednesday’s numbers from the Louisiana Department come one day after the state reached an all time high in hospitalizations.