BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – There has been an increase of 46 deaths in the state since Tuesday, Jan, 5
There are 6,882 new coronavirus cases in the state, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health also reported that there have been 7,681 deaths total in the state from the novel coronavirus.
There are now 299,967 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
There are now 1,993 COVID-19 patients in hospitals.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing updated COVID-19 death numbers for parishes in the state:
Ascension – 121
East Baton Rouge – 597
Livingston – 131
Pointe Coupee – 57
Tangipahoa – 188
West Baton Rouge – 49
West Feliciana – 26
There have been a total of 4,537,096 total tests, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
As of January 4, 280,373 people are presumed to have recovered from COVID-19.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing additional data about coronavirus deaths in the state:
- Trump to leave Washington on morning of Biden’s inauguration
- Global death toll from COVID-19 tops 2 million
- Deep South falls behind in COVID vaccine drive
- Online sign-ups complicate vaccine rollout for older people
- New Orleans Saints to host 500 vaccinated workers from Ochsner Health, LCMC Health at Divisional Round game