ATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Louisiana Department of Health reports 5,532 new COVID cases, 72 new deaths, and 2,003 COVID patients currently in the hospital.
The above numbers were tallied since Friday, September 4.
Here is the breakdown of COVID-19 in Louisiana:
- 5,532 new cases bringing the total to 702,432 cases
- 72 new deaths, bringing the total for the state to 12,779 deaths
- 2,003 patients are currently in the hospital fighting COVID-19
- 398 COVID patients are on ventilators
- 90% of the cases from August 12 to August 18 are from not fully vaccinated individuals
- 81% of deaths from August 12 to August 18 are from not fully vaccinated individuals
- 90% of current COVID hospitalizations are from not fully vaccinated individuals.
According to the Louisiana Department of Health, “The vast majority (98.4%) of these cases are tied to COVID spreading in communities, rather than congregate settings like nursing homes.”