BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – “The Department has developed this tool for systems and schools to easily track student learning environments as well as device and connectivity data.”
The tool that the Louisiana Department of Education is referring to is the school reopening dashboard.
“This dashboard is a transparent way to share key reopening information with families, educators and anyone else with a stake in our schools,” said State Superintendent of Education Dr. Cade Brumley. “School has always looked different in Louisiana from parish to parish. That’s especially true now as systems work to maintain high expectations for students during the pandemic.”
This tool does cover both public and nonpublic school systems.
The school reopening dashboard includes statewide and school system views of these data points:
- Student enrollment
- Number of students participating in in-person, hybrid and virtual instruction
- Devices Available and Issued
- Home Internet Connectivity
It is important to note that it is up to school systems to submit numbers and “as school systems submit data, the dashboard automatically populates with the most current information,” according to the Louisiana Department of Education.
This new tool comes as the East Baton Rouge Parish School System continues their search for a new superintendent.
- EBR Parish School Board approves Juneteenth recognition across school system
- Ascension Parish council approves of nine month development moratorium
- LSU’s Curry qualifies for the Tokyo Olympics
- I-10 E & I-10 W near the Texas state line may be temporarily closed Friday due to power line repairs
- JuVaughn & Georgia: A mother-son bond leads to a record-setting career