BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – A summer tradition is back in the Capital City.
BREC’s Liberty Lagoon Waterpark is open.
The hours of operation are posted below:
- Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 to 5 p.m.
- Friday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., 2 to 5 p.m. and 6 to 9 p.m.
According to BREC, “for the first time, tickets are now available to be purchased online at libertylagoon.com.”
Details about ticket prices can be found below:
- Admission is $12 for all guests over the age of 1 and free for those under the age of 1.
- All Active Military and First Responders receive a $2 discount when ticket is purchased at the ticket window.
- There are two Season Pass options, the Limited Session Pass and the Extreme Season Pass
The other big news is that free swim lessons are available for any kids ages 5 to 12.
If your child would like to take the opportunity to learn how to swim, there are four sessions available:
- Session 1 – June 8 through 18 – Registration is available at BREC Aquatics.
- Session 2 – June 20-July 2; Registration opens online on June 15
- Session 3 – July 6-16; Registration opens online on June 22
- Session 4 – July 20-30; Registration opens online on June 29
Registration for these sessions is on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you are looking for swimming at no cost this summer, there are two options that BREC has to offer:
- Anna T. Jordan Community Park
- Brooks Pool at City-Brooks Community Park
BERC says both pools are open “Tuesday through Friday, 2 to 5 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday noon to 5 p.m.”
BREC’s Liberty Lagoon Waterpark opened in 2011.