LINCOLN PARISH, La. (KTVE/KARD) — The Lincoln Parish Sheriff’s Office has issued a warning about a new scam impacting their parish.
Their post says that someone has been using their phone number and the names of current or former employees to scare people into paying them $5,000.
Deputies say the caller is telling people there is an active warrant for their arrest and if they pay the money the warrant will be cancelled.
The BBB offers tips on how to avoid being scammed on their website. You can click here for that information.
Deputies say, if you happen to forget to appear in court in Lincoln Parish, the recall fee comes in much cheaper at only $75.
- Gun-toting congresswoman-elect may carry Glock at Capitol
- As you look for this season’s hottest toys, beware of scams
- New details about Joe Burrow’s injury reveal “more damage than anticipated”
- Louisiana superintendents ask for looser quarantine rules
- LDH reports first COVID-19 death in WBR in nearly two months