LINCOLN PARISH, La. (KTVE/KARD) — The Lincoln Parish Sheriff’s Office has issued a warning about a new scam impacting their parish.
Their post says that someone has been using their phone number and the names of current or former employees to scare people into paying them $5,000.
Deputies say the caller is telling people there is an active warrant for their arrest and if they pay the money the warrant will be cancelled.
The BBB offers tips on how to avoid being scammed on their website. You can click here for that information.
Deputies say, if you happen to forget to appear in court in Lincoln Parish, the recall fee comes in much cheaper at only $75.
- EBR Parish School Board approves Juneteenth recognition across school system
- Ascension Parish council approves of nine month development moratorium
- LSU’s Curry qualifies for the Tokyo Olympics
- I-10 E & I-10 W near the Texas state line may be temporarily closed Friday due to power line repairs
- JuVaughn & Georgia: A mother-son bond leads to a record-setting career