BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – As Tropical Storm Nicholas goes through Louisiana, some roads are being closed due to the weather.
A list of closed roads can be found below:
EAST BATON ROUGE PARISH:
LA 37 at Stoney Point Burch Road is closed due to a down tree
David Barrow – Mayor – Central, La:
After an inspection, the bridge on Old Wax Rd west of Durmast Drive near Northwoods will be closed tomorrow until repairs can be made.
Three bridge closures:
1) Frenchtown Rd between Country Rd and Planchet
2) Gurney Rd east of Centerra Ct
3) Old Wax west of Durmast Dr.
Effective immediately, the following road closures are in place due to high water. The roads will be reopened as soon as conditions improve.
•US 167 from LA 748 to St. Landry Parish Line
•LA 95 from LA 758 to LA 29
LA 560-4 (SHARPE ROAD) IN CROWN POINT IS NOT PASSABLE DUE TO HIGH WATER.
- NORTH CAFÉ LINE FROM DRAKE TO 1064- IMPASSABLE
- MCLIN RD- IMPASSABLE, DPW NOTIFIED FOR BARRICADES
- BIG GRAVEL- IMPASSABLE, NEEDS SIGNS
- LOWE LN RISING WATER- TRUCK/SUV ONLY
- CATHOLIC HALL RD- TRUCK/SUV ONLY
- OLD CC ROAD- IMPASSABLE
- WAGNER/PEA RIDGE, WAGNER/HWY 43- IMPASSABLE
- GIBSON ST- IMPASSABLE
- FAYARD RD- IMPASSABLE
- EDEN CHURCH RD- IMPASSABLE , BARRICADES ON BOTH ENDS
- LINDER RD.- IMPASSABLE
- BLACK MUD/ CHELSEA ST.- BLACK MUD/CARLA DR- BARRICADED
ST. LANDRY PARISH:
Effective immediately, the following road closures are in place due to high water. The road will be reopened as soon as conditions improve.
• US 167 from St. Landry Parish Line to the North Junction LA 103
ST. TAMMANY PARISH:
WATER ON ROADWAY ON LA 21 FROM NORTH OF COVINGTON TO LA 1082 – ROADWAY IS PASSABLE AT THIS TIME.
EMERGENCY ROAD CONDITION: LA 40, 1/3 mile west of US 51 (near Oak Street) in Independence currently has water over the roadway. The road is passable but DOTD will monitor the situation and update this notice as conditions change.
If more road closures come in, they will be added to the list above.