BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Assumption Parish deputies arrested a Livingston man on felony charges following an alleged domestic incident Tuesday in Belle Rose.
Mark Corey McLaughlin, 41, of Willie Lane, faces a charge of domestic abuse battery involving strangulation. He’s been booked in the Assumption Parish Detention Center with a $25,000 bond.
His arrest came after deputies received a complaint regarding a female who seemed to be in distress. Deputies located the woman and noted that she had injuries consistent with domestic abuse, according to the sheriff’s office.
Deputies found McLaughlin at a different location and arrested him upon further investigation.
- Livingston Parish officer dies from almost two week-long battle with COVID-19
- JPSO arrests Kenner woman accused of killing her newborn
- Watch: Friends brought to tears as McLaughlin wins big at Olympics
- Thursday Night: Gorgeous tomorrow; Weekend storms
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of catalytic converter theft suspect, more arrests expected