DENHAM SPRINGS, La. (The Livingston Parish News) – All branches of the Livingston Parish Library will be closed on Friday and Saturday due to potentially severe weather from Hurricane Delta, the library system has announced.
The Livingston Parish Library is made up of five branches across the parish in addition to an administrative building.
“Due to potentially severe weather caused by Hurricane Delta, all LPL branches will be closed on Friday and Saturday. Additionally, the Denham Springs-Walker Branch will close [Thursday] at 8:00 p.m.,” the library system said via social media. “Stay tuned to our social media and website for any updates.”
The press conference comes one day before Hurricane Delta, which is currently gaining strength in the Gulf of Mexico, is expected to strike the Louisiana coast.
As of a 1 p.m. advisory, Delta was about 370 miles south of Cameron, Louisiana, moving northwest at 13 mph with maximum sustained winds of 105 mph and higher gusts.
Additional strengthening is expected as Delta continues to move over the warm Gulf waters, forecasters have said.
- Ka’Mauri Harrison Act moves to Louisiana Senate floor
- Walmart’s ad scans released ahead of Black Friday events
- Saints have a “productive” meeting with Mayor Cantrell about fans returning to the Superdome
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma
- Large earthquake off Alaska prompts tsunami fears, fleeing