DENHAM SPRINGS, La. (BRPROUD)- A celebration of life in honor of Denham Springs football player Remy Hidalgo is planned for Saturday at Yellow Jacket Stadium.
The event will begin at 7 p.m., according to a Facebook post.
Hidalgo, a junior offensive lineman, collapsed near the end of practice Tuesday as the result of a heat stroke and was hospitalized until passing away Friday morning.
The community has come together in Hidalgo’s honor, with a candlelight vigil held last Wednesday at Yellow Jacket Stadium and a memorial blood drive, which was held Saturday in Denham Springs.
The full post regarding the event can be found here.
- Seven constitutional amendments on the ballot in Louisiana this year.
- Saturday Night: Quiet end to the weekend; All eyes on Tropical Depression 28 in the Caribbean
- GALLERY: LSU runs away from South Carolina
- Car accident kills Geismar woman
- AMBER Alert issued for two girls abducted, after two boys were found dead