Livingston Parish, La. (BRPROUD)- One person has died following a single-car crash in Independence near the Livingston Parish border, according to Louisiana State Police.
Just before 2 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 16, troopers from Louisiana State Police Troop A responded to a single-vehicle fatal crash on LA Hwy. 40, located east of LA Hwy. 43 in the most northeastern part of Livingston Parish.
During the investigation, troopers determined that a 2014 Dodge Ram pickup was traveling eastbound on LA 40 when, for reasons still under investigation, the vehicle exited the roadway and began to overturn.
The pickup then struck a tree and became engulfed in flames. The driver sustained fatal injuries in the crash and was pronounced deceased on scene.
The crash investigation remains ongoing, according to LSP spokesperson Jeremy Price.
Authorities have yet to release the identity of the deceased driver.
- Gun-toting congresswoman-elect may carry Glock at Capitol
- As you look for this season’s hottest toys, beware of scams
- New details about Joe Burrow’s injury reveal “more damage than anticipated”
- Louisiana superintendents ask for looser quarantine rules
- LDH reports first COVID-19 death in WBR in nearly two months