BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Someone is impersonating Father Randy at St Aloysius.
The impersonator is trying to play on the hearts of those who receive a text as part of a ‘phishing’ scam.
St Aloysius is providing details about the scam below:
Another recent ‘phishing’ scam using text messages was brought to our attention. In this most recent case, the perpetrator impersonates Father Randy and the text comes from a New Jersey area code number. The message claims to be from Father Randy asking the recipient to do him a favor and purchase i-Tune gift cards which he can distribute to hospitalized cancer patients. These cyber criminals are picking up phone numbers from documents downloaded to our website, including ads of our bulletin advertisers. Please be vigilant: Neither Father Randy nor any Church staff member will ever solicit donations of any kind via a text or email message.
- District 10 Candidate: Jay Gaudet
- Changes being made to how blood is collected and distrusted amid Covid-19
- How to get a $10 credit to spend on any purchase during Amazon Prime Day
- U.S. Senate Candidate: Beryl Billiot
- ACLU of Louisiana comes out against suspension of 4th grader