CENTRAL, La. (BRPROUD) – The Central Fire Department responded to a working fire on Sunday.
Children may have saved the life of a sleeping adult in this case.
The adult was awakened by children who recognized that a home was on fire.
The home was located on Cloudland Dr.
Despite the efforts of the homeowner, the fire was still burning when firefighters arrived at the scene.
Firefighters with District Six were able to extinguish the fire.
Fire investigators with the Baton Rouge Fire Department are still working to figure out what started the blaze.
CFD says, “the Red Cross was called to assist the displaced family.”
- Friday Night: Stormy weekend; Cooler next week
- Ponchatoula tops St. Amant, 24-14
- U-High Cubs knock Evangel Christian out of the playoffs
- USS Kidd partners with apparel line showcasing the accomplishments of Black Americans in the U.S. Military
- New rule could allow gas, firing squads for US executions