CENTRAL, La. (BRPROUD) – More than one local fire department responded to two fires within a span of 60 minutes on Monday, October 12.
A Central Police Department officer called in the first fire which was in the 15000 block of Hooper Rd.
District Six and the Pride Volunteer Fire Department responded to the scene.
Upon arrival, firefighters saw heavy smoke coming from the residence and no fire hydrants.
CFD says, “one fireman was transported by EMS for a medical issue treated and released from hospital.”
The second fire occurred on Ardoon Dr.
In this instance, “an alert neighbor saw the fire in a bedroom and knocked it down with an extinguisher,” according to the Central Fire Department.
The cause of the second fire was determined to be a candle which was left alone.
There were no injuries related to the second fire.
- Louisiana performing better than other Southern states when it comes to Covid-19
- Armed robber killed during home invasion, BRPD says
- Senate Republicans introduce amendment to prevent ‘packing’ of Supreme Court
- Baby found burned, abandoned in Connecticut dumpster released from hospital
- DOJ announces national police training center to help reduce excessive force