NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) – Area hospitals are preparing to store the coronavirus vaccine once supplies arrive.
One of the vaccines must be kept at nearly 80 degrees below zero.
LCMC Health has purchased three ultra low temperature freezers at its hospitals in preparation. Each can hold thousands of doses of the vaccine.
Doctors with University Medical Center say once the vaccine is removed from the freezer it can be kept in regular refrigerators for five days.
In our evening newscasts later today, we’re going to take a closer look at what hospitals are doing in the area to make sure they have all the equipment needed to store and distribute the coronavirus vaccine.
- LSU Rallies For Fourth Straight Win, 85-80, Over South Carolina
- Saturday Night: Cold tonight; Warming Trend
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- LSU Goes For Hoops Win Vs. South Carolina Saturday Night
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration