BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) –
Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome made a major announcement on Thursday morning.
The New Era Medical Office Complex at 7855 Howell Blvd. will no longer be vacant.
A collaboration between Mayor Broome and New Era Holdings has produced a list of occupants for the medical office building.
The occupants and what they are bringing to the building are listed below:
- Oceans Healthcare will provide inpatient hospital and group therapy outpatient services; Oceans Healthcare will create over 85 jobs within the area.
- Capital Area Human Services will provide community based social and mental health services.
- Ochsner Health Clinic will provide primary care services, and is expected to provide services to 10,000 patients within its first year of operation.
- Louisiana Center for Eyes will continue to provide ophthalmology care and retail services.
“For over two years, my administration and the community in North Baton Rouge have worked to solve the vacancy in this facility that has negatively affected Baton Rouge for 15 years,” said Mayor Broome. “It will be the new home to over 100 jobs, and will provide healthcare services to those needing behavioral health, eye care and primary care.”
The mayor’s office expects that the New Era Medical Office Complex will bring more than 100 new jobs to the area.
Prominent local leaders are gathering on Thursday to talk about the revitalizing of a Medical Office Complex in North Baton Rouge.
“Mayor Broome and the project partners will discuss the plans to increase access to care in North Baton Rouge, create new jobs, and drive commerce at Howell Place,” according to the mayor’s office.
These dignitaries are expected to attend Thursday’s event:
- Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome
- Governor John Bel Edwards
- Congressman Cedric Richmond
- Councilwoman Chauna Banks
These groups are also going to be represented at the gathering:
- New Era Holdings
- Capital Area Human Services
- Oceans Healthcare
- La Center for Eyes
The event starts at 9:30 a.m. with COVID-19 screening and then the news conference is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m.
The New Era Medical Office Complex is located at 7855 Howell Blvd.