THIBODAUX, La. (BRPROUD)- After being pulled over for a traffic violation a man acted as if he was a police official to get out the trouble.
An Assumption Parish Sheriff ‘s Office officer pulled over Jamar Anthony Joseph, 38, when he claimed he was a full-time shift patrolman for the Thibodaux Police Department.
Joseph was still given a traffic violation ticket and the officer checked if the violator was actually part of the Thibodaux Police Department.
The deputy confirmed Joseph had never been a patrolman for the City of Thibodaux and at this time was a convicted felon on probation, according to Assumption Parish Sheriff ‘s Office.
Joseph was arrested on July 9 and charged on September 4. The man is charged for ‘Personation of a Peace Officer’ and ‘Probation Violation’.
- LSU clinches series with Friday night win at Auburn
- Louisiana House committee advances bill prohibiting employers from discriminating against natural hairstyles
- Bill allowing parents to request cameras in special education classrooms heads to State Senate
- Louisiana troopers knew baby was in fleeing suspect’s car before both were killed in Mississippi
- Food distribution and COVID-19 vaccines sites available in BR on Saturday