THIBODAUX, La. (BRPROUD)- After being pulled over for a traffic violation a man acted as if he was a police official to get out the trouble.
An Assumption Parish Sheriff ‘s Office officer pulled over Jamar Anthony Joseph, 38, when he claimed he was a full-time shift patrolman for the Thibodaux Police Department.
Joseph was still given a traffic violation ticket and the officer checked if the violator was actually part of the Thibodaux Police Department.
The deputy confirmed Joseph had never been a patrolman for the City of Thibodaux and at this time was a convicted felon on probation, according to Assumption Parish Sheriff ‘s Office.
Joseph was arrested on July 9 and charged on September 4. The man is charged for ‘Personation of a Peace Officer’ and ‘Probation Violation’.
- Trump’s weakening of century-old bird preservation act worries South Texas environmentalists
- Justin Timberlake gives wheelchair accessible van to family of teen with cerebral palsy
- Police hoping to install more surveillance cameras in Abbeville
- Baton Rouge’s Zoar Baptist Church to offer ‘The Lights of Christmas’ drive-thru light show
- Baker City Council formally adopts #KeepBakerBeautiful initiative