ST. GABRIEL, La. (BRPROUD) – A member of the St. Gabriel Police Department responded to a shooting late on Tuesday, September 22.
Police arrived at 4960 Martin Luther King Parkway and found that a shooting victim was not at this address.
According to the St. Gabriel Police Department, 49-year-old Joseph H. Turner, of Geismar, “had driven himself to a residence on Magnolia De Christopher Dr. seeking help.”
SGPD says Turner was found “lying on the walkway to the residence.”
Turner sustained multiple gunshot wounds and was taken to a local hospital.
The investigation remains ongoing.
- Covid-19 numbers “stable,” Gov. Edwards reminds Louisiana not to get complacent on mitigation measures
- Traffic project to widen I-10 almost complete, DOTD says
- Injustice Club raises concerns from parents in Central
- Week 7 best bets: Ride with Saints, Bucs to win
- Indirect effects of COVID increase as Baton Rouge levels case numbers