HAMMOND, La. (WDSU) — One person is dead Wednesday after they were struck and killed by a train in Hammond, according to the Hammond Police Department.
Hammond police began investigating the incident of a pedestrian hit by a train on East Charles Street.
According to the Hammond Police Department., the pedestrian who was hit and killed has been identified as 36-year-old, Samuel Goodine, of Hammond.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene, according to Hammond police.
The investigation into this deadly incident is ongoing.
- Louisiana health department ties COVID-19 outbreak to wrestling event
- Tigers Off To Lexington To Face Kentucky, Saturday, 5 p.m. CT
- Lions hire Aaron Glenn as defensive coordinator
- Tangipahoa Parish cancer patient makes facemasks for others
- Louisiana National Guard troops return home after securing U.S. Capitol during inauguration