The 4th of July holiday is expected to be another record breaking year for travelers on the road.
According to AAA, nearly 47 million Americans will travel (41.1 million by automobile) to celebrate Independence Day and it’s the fifth consecutive annual increase.
Some tips to always remember before leaving:
- Ensure that your vehicle is in good working order(check tires, vehicle fluids and brakes)
- Have emergency road kits for possible flat or vehicle break down
- Buckle up for safety
- Don’t drink and drive
- Observe speed limits
- Stay alert
- If you feel tired, pull over to the nearest rest stop
- Put the distractions away (cell phone, electronic devices)
- Drive cautiously and watch for other drivers