BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Two children who survived a Thanksgiving home fire have been pronounced dead, according to the Baton Rouge Fire Department.
The fire took place at 6665 Nottingham St. and took the life of one child on that day.
BRFD is identifying the two children who died in the hospital as:
- A 12-year-old girl
- A 9-month-old boy
The Baton Rouge Fire Department is extending their condolences “to the family during this tragic time.”
Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome released a statement on the tragedy:
“Over the holiday, our community experienced a tragic loss with the passing of three children after a fire on Thanksgiving Day. My thoughts and prayers are with their families, their loved ones, and with all who knew them. I ask all of our residents to keep these three children and their families within your prayers.”
- Police video shows officer using stun gun on handcuffed man in Port Allen
- VIDEO: Dog requires urgent surgery after grooming appointment
- Edwards opposes bill to do away with concealed carry permit
- Friday Morning: Strong to severe storms possible late Friday – early Saturday; Much nicer on Sunday
- EBRSO responds to shots fired on Plank Rd.