ADDIS, La. (BRPROUD)- Alex Henderson, resident of the Sugar Mill neighborhood took to Facebook live after his 10-year-old daughter and himself were chased by a dog without a leash.
“It is irresponsible,” Henderson said.
This isn’t the first time a dog has attacked someone in the Sugar Mills neighborhood. Once Henderson took to Facebook live other residents shared they had the same experience.
One resident was attacked over a year ago Another resident shared with BRproud that he was bitten by a dog in 2019.
“The dog I actually ran into was pretty strong,” Henderson said. “If it would of been a child, it would of been tragic.”
After receiving multiple complaints about dogs without leashes the Addis Police Department took to Facebook to share the consequences if pets attacks pedestrians.
While Henderson has complained to local authorities and apricates their efforts he says the next time a dog without a leash attacks him, he will choose self defense.
“I am licensed to carry a fire arm,” he said. “Next time a dog comes chasing at me I’m going to defend myself.”
- GM to recall 7 million vehicles worldwide to replace Takata air bags
- Livingston man arrested for barn, vehicle fires, State Fire Marshal reports
- Gun-toting congresswoman-elect may carry Glock at Capitol
- As you look for this season’s hottest toys, beware of scams
- New details about Joe Burrow’s injury reveal “more damage than anticipated”