PORT ALLEN, La. (WVLA/WGMB) — Baton Rouge-area residents west of the Mississippi River are prepping as best they can for Hurricane Laura, as it nears the Gulf Coast.
West Baton Rouge Parish has set up multiple sandbag locations.
- Addis Fire Station, 6875 Hwy 1, Addis
- Alexander Park 250 Elaine St., Brusly
- Erwinville Park, 5110 Rougon Rd, Port Allen,
- Rivault Park, 900 South Jefferson Ave. Port Allen
- Myhand Park, 8201 Laws Rd, Addis
- William & Lee Park, 1631 Louisiana Ave., Port Allen
Parish officials ask anyone hoping to fill sandbags to bring their own shovels.