BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Two buildings at an apartment near LSU burned down Tuesday night after a pot was accidentally left on a stove.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department said a resident in Tiger Plaza Apartments had cooked dinner and was eating when she noticed smoke in the kitchen of her unit. She then found the pot on the stove in flames and tried to put out the fire before escaping and warning neighbors, fire officials said.

Firefighters arriving at the Alvin Dark Avenue apartment at 5:50 p.m. spotted smoke from half a mile away, according to the fire department. Crews found that the fire had reached the roof and the neighboring building. Multiple streets were reportedly shut down as firefighters battled the blaze.

The fire department said the fire was placed under control at 8:24 p.m. and both buildings are considered a total loss. There were eight people in the buildings affected, four adults and four children.

No injuries were reported.

Kendra Price, one of the displaced residents who lost the majority of her belongings in the fire, is accepting donations through GoFundMe.

Price says she and her children are in need of clothing, shoes, and toys.

Click here, or use the button below, to visit her GoFundMe webpage.