BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) – On Monday afternoon, the Baton Rouge Fire Department and St. George Fire Department were called to the Edgewood Apartments on 4949 Stumberg Ln.
Upon arrival at 2:30 p.m., firefighters found “the attic of apartment 74 on fire,” according to the Baton Rouge Fire Department.
It took firefighters less than 15 minutes to put the fire out with the help of 7 total units, four pumpers and one ladder.
Investigators determined the fire was started by a lightning strike.
The St. George Fire Department said, “several tenants reported seeing lightning strike the cased-in wooden structure on the roof that housed two fireplace chimney flues.”
The structure sustained $10,000 in damages.
BRFD says, “the attic received fire damage and the apartment was left with some water damage.”
There were no reported injuries related to this fire.
- Seven constitutional amendments on the ballot in Louisiana this year.
- Saturday Night: Quiet end to the weekend; All eyes on Tropical Depression 28 in the Caribbean
- GALLERY: LSU runs away from South Carolina
- Car accident kills Geismar woman
- AMBER Alert issued for two girls abducted, after two boys were found dead