BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — ASAP, a food and product delivery app, and restaurants in the Capital Region are asking for food bank donations starting Monday, Nov. 21.
Non-perishable food items can be dropped off at the following restaurants until Christmas week:
- Hanna Q (4808 Government St, Baton Rouge)
- Hanna Q (17097 Airline Hwy #201, Prairieville)
- Ralph’s Market (15013 LA-44, Gonzales)
- MOOYAH (120 Bass Pro Blvd Suite E, Denham Springs)
- Menchies (120 Bass Pro Blvd Suite D, Denham Springs)
- Burgersmith (27350 Crossing Cir Ste 150, Denham Springs)
ASAP is asking for in-demand food items — proteins (canned tuna, dried or canned beans, soup, peanut butter), grains (high-fiber cereal, oatmeal, pasta, rice), canned fruits and vegetables, and milk (shelf-stable, evaporated and dry) — to be donated.
“There are so many people this year who unfortunately need help putting food on their tables,” said Tommy Angelle of ASAP. “We know the need for food assistance is increasing to levels rarely seen before, but with the help of our great restaurants – and the kindness of our customers – we’ll give a little assistance to those who really need it this holiday season.”
Monetary donations can be made on asap.com.