ASCENSION PARISH, La. (BRPROUD) – Ascension Parish Schools notifies parents of school bus route changes due to bridge repairs in the parish.
Several bridges on school routes are open but not available for buses to use due to weight capacity limits.
Bridges unavailable for school buses include:
- Manchac Acres Road over Muddy Creek in Prairieville
- South Purpera Avenue by E. Tiffani St. in Gonzales
- K.C. Road over Bayou Narcisse in Gonzales
- Highway 941 over Henderson Bayou in Gonzales
- Highway 431 over Villar Drainage in St. Amant
- Highway 933 over I-10 in Sorrento
Ascension Parish Schools encourages parents to download the Here Comes the Bus app to monitor school bus locations and get real-time notifications.
App download instructions: