GONZALES, La (BRPROUD) – It’s the reason for the season! A local sheriff’s office has opened a Christmas toy drive for people to donate to children and families within the parish.
Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office (APSO) along with Sheriff Bobby Webre has opened up applications for the 2021 Christmas Crusade Program, which brings new toys to children through donations from others. The program makes its 24th year, this year.
People can make toy donations for newborns, toddlers, and kids up until 12-years-old. Monetary donations will also be accepted until Friday, Dec. 31. Monetary donations that are made by check can go out to Bobby Webre Community Outreach PO Box 343, Gonzales, La 70707.
Families who want to apply for the program need to pick up and return the application to one of the APSO locations are listed below.
- Gonzales Business Office located at 828 South Irma Blvd. in Gonzales, La
- Donaldsonville Business Office located at 300 Houma St. in Donaldsonville, La
- Hickley M. Waguespack Center located at 1202 Maginnis St. in Donaldsonville, La
- District 2 Substation located at 13200 Airline Hwy in Gonzales, La
- District 3 Substation located at 38567 Hwy 42 in Prairieville, La
All locations are open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. A valid state photo ID, a birth certificate for each child, proof of income, and proof of residency must be presented. Applications will not be accepted without the mentioned documents.
The application deadline is Friday, Nov. 12 with no exceptions. Families accepted into the program will be notified by letter.
For more information, contact Sgt. Misty Turner at (225)-6321-8827.