GONZALES, La. (BRPROUD) — A suspect was charged with murder in connection to a shooting that killed one and injured others at a park in October.
Deputies with the Assumption Parish Sheriff’s Office arrested Tyedrius A. Parker, 21, in an unrelated shots fired incident Monday. Parker is accused of a fatal Sunday, Oct. 8 shooting at Carver Park in Gonzales. He was charged with one count of principal to first-degree murder and 12 counts of principal to attempted first-degree murder.
According to the Gonzales Police Department, the shooting hospitalized at least seven people. Four were released and as of Oct. 11, three were still in the hospital. The status of the victims is unknown at the time.
Parker will be transferred from Assumption Parish to Ascension Parish, Gonzales police said.
The police department said physical evidence had been collected in the deadly shooting, and persons of interest continue to be developed. More arrests are expected.
“Given this size and scope of this incident, Gonzales Police Department Investigators remain committed to arrests that provide the district attorney with the best prosecutable case, ensuring the responsible parties can and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent,” police said in a news release.
- Santos’s fate hangs in limbo as expulsion vote nears
- The Memo: Trump’s blast at MSNBC — empty threat or real danger?
- Five takeaways from the fiery DeSantis-Newsom debate on Fox
- Reese has 19 points, 9 rebounds in her return, No. 7 LSU tops No. 9 Va. Tech 82-64
- Newsom to DeSantis: ‘When are you going to drop out’ and give Haley a shot at beating Trump?