GONZALES, La. (BRPROUD) — Families are welcome to start Christmas celebrations with the annual tree lighting in Gonzales.
City officials said the tree lighting ceremony will happen 6 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 5 at city hall. There will be jambalaya plates, a visit from Santa and gifts for young kids.
“For 30 years, the City of Gonzales and its residents have come together to enjoy this special night,” said Mayor Barney Arceneaux. “The Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony is always a great way to kick off the holiday season and is filled with food, fun, and community. We hope you will join us to celebrate this milestone event.”
This holiday event is free to the public.
- Vivek Ramaswamy and Chris Christie clash over Ukraine
- Haley demands social media companies ‘show us their algorithms’
- Mental health nonprofit brings safe space for community with creative relief wellness retreats
- Baton Rouge Area Chamber 2024 economic outlook shows increase in jobs, capital investments
- Where was Donald Trump during the Republican debate?