LABADIEVILLE, La. (BRPROUD) — A traffic stop ended with the arrest of Scott Jason Frickie, 48, of Houma, on Saturday, Oct. 28. The stop took place in the morning on LA 398. The Assumption Parish Sheriff’s Office said the stop was made due to traffic violations including prohibited cell phone use and improper lane usage.
Frickie was the driver of the vehicle that allegedly committed the traffic violations. After speaking with Frickie, the deputy initiated a search of the vehicle. APSO said that 18 grams of methamphetamine, multiple doses of Xanax and two loaded syringes with an unknown substance were found during the search.
A search of Frickie uncovered more methamphetamine.
The Houma man was charged with these crimes:
- possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute
- taking contraband to/from a penal institution
- possession with intent to distribute Xanax (Alprazolam)
- possession of alcoholic beverages in a motor vehicle
- possession of drug paraphernalia
- cellular telephone use/prohibited
- driving on roadway laned for traffic
Frickie was booked into the Assumption Parish Detention Center and remains behind bars.