PORT ALLEN, La. (The West Side Journal) – Port Allen police arrested a Lake Charles man with a warrant from the Baton Rouge Police Department.
Authorities arrested Christopher Dominic Davis, 31, on an outstanding warrant for violation of a protective order, illegally carrying a weapon, and driving without insurance.
Officer Latrese Darden discovered the AK-47 pistol, an empty magazine and a magazine full of 42 live rounds during a traffic stop on Alexander Avenue at Ave. G and LA-1.
Darden initiated the traffic stop after records showed the car was not insured.
Port Allen Police Chief Esdron Brown stressed the importance of regular patrols in keeping people from coming across the river to commit crimes.
- Seven constitutional amendments on the ballot in Louisiana this year.
- Saturday Night: Quiet end to the weekend; All eyes on Tropical Depression 28 in the Caribbean
- GALLERY: LSU runs away from South Carolina
- Car accident kills Geismar woman
- AMBER Alert issued for two girls abducted, after two boys were found dead