BAKER, La. (BRPROUD) — City of Baker officials said delays in Republic Services pick-up have been due to storm debris being placed inside recycling bins.
Republic Services will be conducting a one-time collection of bins that have been filled with debris on Tuesday, Sept. 21 and Wednesday, Sept. 22.
“If you have mistakenly placed non-recyclable storm debris in your recycle container please place said container curbside on the above stated days for this one-time retrieval,” said Baker officials.
The normal recycling service will resume on Thursday, Sept. 23. Recycling bins with nonrecyclables will be left behind.
Republic Services says the following items can be recycled:
- Recycle plastics #1 – #7 (Look on the bottom of the container and there is a number in the recycling triable. #1 – #7 is acceptable)
- Metal and aluminum cans
- Cardboard, newspaper and magazines
- Paper food containers. Please no foam nor pizza boxes
- Paper such as office paper, junk mail, file folders, greeting cards
- Glass bottles and jars. Clear, amber and green
Items that cannot be recycled:
- Bubble wrap
- Aluminum foil
- Christmas lights
- Coat hangers
- Electrical cords
- Stuffed animals
- Polystyrene foam
- Syringes/razor blades
- Waxed cartons
- Wood/yard waste
- Food waste
- Food wrap
- Garden hoses
- Rubber balls
- Sports equipment
Republic Services asks residents to place their recycling cart at the curb by 5 a.m. on collection day.