Baton Rouge Fire Department respond to daycare fire Sunday morning

Local News

BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) – Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a commercial building fire on the 1100 block of Haymarket Avenue on Sunday morning.

Firefighters arrived at Raising Angels Learning Center and saw heavy smoke coming from the ridgeline of the roof. The fire was found in the building’s ceiling and was contained. The fire caused heavy smoke and water damage to the building.

Investigators say the fire is not suspicious in nature. No civilian or firefighter injuries were reported. Emergency medical services, Baton Rouge Police Department and St. George Fire Department also responded to the scene.

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest BRProud Articles

More Local News

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories