Baton Rouge Fire Dept. contain house fire on Wenonah Street

Local News

A view down the length of a fire truck parked in front of a fire station, with fire – rescue labelled on the side on the side.

BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) – Baton Rouge Fire Department (BRFD) believes that unattended cooking caused a house fire in the 3000 block of Wenonah Street on Tuesday.

BRFD said that firefighters responded to a single-family house fire to find heavy smoke coming from the residence.

Firefighters entered the studio-style home and encountered a large fire, which was contained quickly.

BRFD said the resident told them that grease had caught fire on the stove.

BRFD said the fire was caused by unattended cooking. Red Cross was called to help the resident.

Baton Rouge Police Department, Entergy and emergency services were also at the scene.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest BRProud Articles

More Local News

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories