BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) – A 39-year-old Baton Rouge man is under arrest in connection with the death of 40-year-old Davonia Cleveland.
David Johnson, of 12254 La. Margie Ave., is facing one count of 2nd Degree Murder.
After receiving a call about a suspected overdose, police “found Cleveland unresponsive in a room,” according to the Baton Rouge Police Department.
Authorities believe that Johnson gave Cleveland narcotics that led to her death.
BRPD says, “autopsy results revealed that Cleveland died shortly after consuming narcotics.”
Johnson is currently in the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison after being taken into custody by the U.S. Marshals Task Force.
- Louisiana man crushed when house being raised falls on him
- LPSO arrest man in kidnapping at gunpoint
- Commander’s Cup and Veterans Music and Fun Day to be held in Baton Rouge
- Children sent to Louisiana school after testing positive for COVID-19
- Salt Life co-founder arrested after teen found dead in hotel room