BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Hey, Baton Rouge, are you tired of eating at the same restaurants every week? Well, look no further. We’ve compiled a list of 20 new and coming eateries to spice up your social plans.
The list is a great way to explore the community in the new year, and it includes a taste of everything – including coffee shops, Southern favorites and a mix of international cuisines. Whether you want to grab a bite of something sweet, snag a boba or tuck in for a massive meal. We’ve got something here for you.
Some restaurants on this list may be hidden gems or your new favorite eatery. Be sure to check back with brproud.com for your local dining news.
An asterisk (*) indicates this is an upcoming restaurant location.
- Location: 670 O’Neal Lane, Unit H
- Location: 3347 Nicholson Drive*
- Style: Creole cuisine
- Location: 2504 Government St.
- Style: Mexican food stand
- Location: 11693 Nicholson Drive, Suite B
- Style: Cajun/Creole delicatessen
- Location: 1509 Government St. (Electric Depot)
- Style: Japanese-style ramen
- Location: 8733 Jefferson Highway
- Style: Thai-Laotian restaurant
- Location: 5131 Government St.
- Style: Cajun fried fish
- Location: 1221 Gardere Lane
- Style: Soul food
- Location: 1082 W. Lee Drive
- Style: Jamaican restaurant
- Location: 1509 Government St.* (Electric Depot)
- Style: Chicken wings
- Location: 5735 Silverleaf Ave.
- Style: Homestyle cuisine
- Location: 7673 Perkins Road
- Style: Bubble tea/Korean cuisine
- Location: 15540 George O’Neal Road
- Style: Vietnamese restaurant
Plush Bar and Grill
- Location: 4250 Burbank Drive, #101
- Style: Cajun cuisine
- Location: 521 N. Third St., #B
- Style: Coffee shop
- Location: 5412 Government St.
- Style: Contemporary Southern diner
- Location: 10480 Perkins Road
- Style: American dining
- Location: 1509 Government St.
- Style: Dessert shop
- Location: 3030 Perkins Road
- Style: Barbecue restaurant
- Location: 2943 Perkins Road
- Style: Bar
- Location: 5117 Essen Lane
- Style: Coffee drive-thru