BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – On Thursday, Ochsner Health leaders gave an update on storm recovery efforts at varying Ochsner locations in the wake of Hurricane Ida.
Ochsner Health leaders report lower numbers in COVID-19 patients. They said COVID-19 patients have gone down 300 in the last week.
Ochsner locations affected by power outages are getting back up and running although some locations are still running on generator backups.
They are working to reopen clinics throughout the state. Ochsner locations now open in Baton Rouge as of Sept. 2 include:
- Ochsner Medical Center – Baton Rouge (Full hospital operations)
- Ochsner Medical Complex – Iberville
- Emergency Department
- Health Center
- Ochsner Medical Complex – The Grove (Fully operating)
- Surgical Hospital: OPEN FOR SURGERY ON WEDNESDAY AND ENDOSCOPY ON THURSDAY
- Health Center
- Infusion Center
- Pharmacy (Open from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.)
- Vision Center
- Therapy & Wellness
- O Bar
- Ochsner Cancer Center – Baton Rouge (NO RADIATION TREATMENT)
- Ochsner Community Health – Brees Family Center
- Ochsner Health Center – Bluebonnet South
- Ochsner Health Center – Central
- Ochsner Urgent Care – Arlington Marketplace: Open 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Ochsner Therapy & Wellness – Gonzales
- Ochsner Vaccination & COVID Testing Clinic (former Runnels School) – (Learn more here)
Patient transfers remain active with 60 patient transfers completed in the last 24 hours. Transfers are happening throughout the state and to out-of-state locations.
Ochsner Heath leaders are seeing more patients with post-storm injuries as individuals cleaning up storm damage. They said these are typically minor injuries such as falls from ladders and cuts. They’re urging people to be careful as they continue cleaning up debris.
COVID testing sites will be reopening in the coming days as recovery throughout Ochsner locations in the state continues.