BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — On Thursday, the Baton Rouge Fire Department arrested a woman after being accused of starting a vehicle fire.
According to the fire department, around 11 p.m. on Nov. 6, firefighters were called to a fire at a home in the 8500 block of Sara Parkway.
After putting out the fire, fire investigators arrived at the scene. Investigators spoke with the residents of the home as they reported hearing sounds from outside. When the residents looked outside, the residents saw their two cars engulfed in flames.
One of the vehicle owners accused her “boyfriend’s other girlfriend,” Lakeicha Lathers, 42, according to fire investigators.
Fire investigators say the fire burned the two vehicles and nearly caused the residence to become enflamed.
After interviewing witnesses and discovering evidence, fire investigators arrested Lathers and booked her into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on charges of aggravated arson.
- Governor John Bel Edwards announces Tunica Hills updated plan
- Disney has ‘enough room to build another Disneyland’ in California city, chairman says
- Saints not hitting panic button yet, feel sense of urgency
- American diplomat Henry Kissinger dies at 100
- See who is the most popular music artists in Louisiana