BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Needing a pick-me-up in the morning or want to enjoy a fresh cup of coffee? Baton Rouge offers some coffee shops that won’t disappoint, so stop by one of these spots to sit back, relax and enjoy the views of the capital city.
We have compiled a list of local coffee shops. These restaurants offer espresso drinks, coffees and signature drinks on their menus. They also feature handcrafted beverages and several food options.
The New-Orleans style coffee spot offers coffees, teas, hot chocolate and beignets. They also make sandwiches, soups and espresso drinks.
- Hours: Open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 6 a.m. to 12 a.m. Friday and Saturday.
- Location: 3132 College Drive, Suite F.
According to their website, Light House Coffee provides an inviting environment to sip on a cup of coffee or other beverage. Signature drinks include, cereal latte, cinnamon roll latte, and the honeybee.
- Hours: Open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Friday; 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday; 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.
- Location: 257 Lee Drive.
Highland Coffees has a wide selection of different coffees on their menu that will keep you coming back for more. They have espresso-based drinks, brewed coffee drinks and frozen coffee drinks.
- Hours: Open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
- Location: 3350 Highland Road.
Reve Coffee Lab BTR offers breakfast, lunch and shareables throughout the week on their menu. They also serve in-house coffees, traditional and nitrogen-infused iced coffee.
- Hours: Open from 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 6:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday; 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday.
- Location: 8211 Village Plaza Court, Bldg. 4 Suite 1A.
Coffee Joy provides a variety of options that are featured on their menu, including coffees and pastries.
- Hours: Open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Saturday; 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.
- Location: 3617 Perkins Road.
According to their website, Brew Ha-Ha! offers in-house roasted coffee and gourmet cake balls. This coffee shop has plenty of dessert options.
- Hours: Open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Friday; 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Location: 711 Jefferson Hwy., Suite 2A.
Wake up with some coffee and beignets at Rue Beignet. According to their website, Rue Beignet works with local suppliers to source the freshest ingredients daily.
- Hours: Open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday-Sunday; 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday.
- Location: 18135 E. Petroleum Drive.
Stop by 7 Brew Coffee for your favorite smoothies, coffees and more. Their menu also offers various coffee beverages, infused energy drinks, Italian sodas, smoothies, teas and milkshakes.
- Hours: 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday-Thursday; 5:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- Location: 5117 Essen Lane.
Customers who visit La Divina Italian Cafe will have the opportunity to create custom-made espresso beverages. La Divinia Italian Cafe offers made-to-order breakfast served every day until 11 a.m.
- Hours: Open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday-Wednesday; 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday-Saturday.
- Location: 3535 Perkins Road.
Garden District Coffee is one of the popular spots in the Baton Rouge area. Garden District Coffee features coffees, teas and pastries on its menu.
- Hours: Open from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday; 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Location: 2008 Perkins Road.
According to their website, City Roots Coffee Bar specializes in small-batch roasting and handcrafted coffee beverages. Their two popular drinks are a cold brew de crema and blueberry.
- Hours: Open from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Saturday; 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.
- Location: 1509 Government St.
French Truck Coffee offers some of the best house-roasted coffees and local pastries in the area. They’ll even deliver their roasted specialty coffees to your doorstep.
- Hours: Open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday; 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Location: 2978 Government St.
A&J’s Coffee Bean Cafe provides a variety of different coffees to choose from to pair up with their daily plate lunches and staff specials.
- Hours: Open from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Friday.
- Location: 8080 Bluebonnet Blvd.
Social Coffee serves some of specialty drinks including coffee and non-coffee options.
- Hours: Open from 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday; 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
- Location: 521 N. Third St.
Southern Cofe serves as both a study space and a place to hang out. You are able to book time slots in 30-minute and hour marks in designated in a separate room that is made for podcasts, community meetings or for students to study while you enjoy a cup of coffee.
- Hours: Open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Saturday.
- Location: 8418 Scotland Ave.
Magpie Cafe offers espresso drinks, teas, pastries, sandwiches and salads.
- Hours: Open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- Location: 3205 Perkins Road
Outside of the lunch and breakfast menu that Simple Joe Cafe offers, they also have several coffee options. Enjoy some delicious coffee in a cozy atmosphere.
- Hours: Open from 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday-Friday; 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday; 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday.
- Location: 3057 Government St.