BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Getting in batting practice whether you are in season or the offseason is always a good idea. For baseball and softball players looking to continue to grow in their game, the Baton Rouge area offers some of the best facilities in the region.
There are multiple benefits to going to a venue with batting cages or where an athlete can continue to perform when they are not in season. One of the best abilities when going to a batting cage is you can have the opportunity to focus on the little things, whether that is increasing your batting power, bat speed or changing up your swing.
Here are the batting cages that are in the Baton Rouge area.
The Marucci Clubhouse Baton Rouge offers a Hitter’s House where baseball players of all ages can practice in their indoor practice facility. It is offered year-round, so athletes will be able to improve on their game. The batting cages inside the facility are suited for softball and baseball players.
- Where: 5801 Siegen Lane, Baton Rouge.
- Hours: Open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday-Friday; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday; 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
Get your game on at D-Bat Baton Rouge, whether you are a softball or a baseball player. The indoor facility offers a ton of amenities throughout the year. According to D-Bat Baton Rouge’s website, there are 12 batting cages at the venue and there are camps that are offered year-round.
- Where: 14565 Barringer Court, Baton Rouge.
- Hours: Open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Friday; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday; 12-6 p.m. Sunday.
HitTrax Batting Cage brings an exciting new level to athletes. The batting cage can measure your launch angle, exit velocity and distance to get the maximum performance at your next training session.
- Where: 9330 Mall of Louisiana Blvd., Baton Rouge.
- Hours: Open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Saturday; 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday.
The K-Lab Baseball Instruction is a baseball batting cage that is located in the heart of East Baton Rouge Parish. It offers baseball lessons and camps for pitchers and hitters.
- Where: 11148 Cloverland Ave., Baton Rouge.
X-Factor Sports Performance is striving to build athletes with youth sports performance, general performance, recovery and so much more. Inside of the X-Factor Sports Performance are seven 40-foot batting cages and one 75-foot batting cage. According to the X-Factor Sports Performance’s website, there are also three pitching mounds and a live trackman tunnel.
- Where: 3464 Drusilla Lane, Baton Rouge.
- Hours: Open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Friday; 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday.
The Baseball Performance Lab is located on the campus of Marucci Sports in Baton Rouge. Baseball Performance Lab takes it to the next level with its high-performance training. According to the Baseball Performance Lab’s website, they are providing the most efficient, effective and educated player development experience to athletes of all ages.
- Where: 5818 McCann Drive Bldg. 15B, Baton Rouge.
Rogers Baseball Training offers defense, agility, speed and pitching lessons for all ages, according to their Facebook page. Rogers Baseball Training provides lessons for softball and baseball athletes.
- Where: 9222 Burbank Drive, Baton Rouge.
- Hours: Open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday-Friday.
5-Tool Sports Science goes in-depth on their training programs for the athletes who walk through their doors. According to the 5-Tool Sports Science’s website, their training programs are built to make athletes bigger, faster, stronger and healthier.
- Where: 3106 Balis Drive Suite E23, Baton Rouge.
- Hours: Open from 12-7 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Ascension Tiger Cages provides hitting, pitching and personal training at their facility. According to Ascension Tiger Cages’ website, they also offer clinics and camps year-round. In the past, former LSU baseball players have made their stop for these events including Zach Watson, Josh Smith, and Antonie Duplantis.
- Where: 17839 Airline Hwy., Prairieville.
- Hours: Open from 3-8 p.m. Monday-Friday. 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Traction Sports Complex is one of the premier training facilities in Baton Rouge for athletes of all ages. According to the Traction Sports Complex’s website, the venue has 12 covered batting cages in three separate buildings. They also provide camps and clinics for baseball players and softball players alike.
- Where: 1430 Gardere Lane, Baton Rouge.