BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD)- The Better Business Bureau of South Louisiana offers these few tips for those purchasing vehicles after Hurricane Ida. These tips will help you identify whether or not the used-vehicle has flood damage.
Here are the tips:
- Ask to see the title of the vehicle
- Check the condition of the interior of the vehicle, fabric, leather, etc.
- Look under the hood of the vehicle
- Get a CarFax
- Do a smell test inside of the vehicle
- Get an inspection
- Research the car dealer where you are wanting to purchase the vehicle from
- Get a warranty in writing
- Never sign ‘As-Is’ contracts