BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) – Beignet Fest is back to celebrate Louisiana’s most iconic desert on Sunday, Sept. 25 by celebrating in place.
Beignet Fest will have food vendors showcasing a wide range of beignet dishes which can be purchased at their locations across the city as an alternative to the annual festival.
Participating food vendors include:
- The Vintage New Orleans located at 3121 Magazine St. in New Orleans will be serving matcha beignets, cinnamon beignet bites and crawfish beignet bites.
- The Vintage Baton Rouge located at 333 Laurel St. in Baton Rouge will be serving matcha beignets, cinnamon beignet bites and crawfish beignet bites.
- Loretta’s Authentic Pralines located at 1100 N Peters, Stall #9 in the French Market will be serving traditional beignets, praline beignets, chocolate beignets, crawfish beignets, burger beignets and PB and J beignets.
- Ruby Slipper Café will serve Cochon beignets and pumpkin praline beignets at the following locations:
- 200 Magazine St in New Orleans
- 204 Decatur St. in New Orleans
- 2001 Burgundy St in New Orleans
- 2802 Magazine St in New Orleans
- 315 S Broad St. in New Orleans
- 2700 Metairie Rd in Metarie
- Howlin’ Wolf Den located at 907 S Peters St. in New Orleans will be serving bacon cheddar beignets with chipotle crema.
- Luca Eats located at 7329 Cohn St. will be serving Oreo beignets.
The organizers of Beignet Fest ask that would-be festival goers ‘fest in place’ this year and go to signature beignet dishes at participating food vendors in addition to donating what they would have paid for an admission ticket to the Tres Doux Foundation.
Hours vary by vendor locations.