DONALDSONVILLE, La. (BRPROUD)-
Residents in Donaldsonville can drink their water again.
The Ascension Parish Government released this statement below:
Parish Utilities of Ascension has advised that the Investigational Boil Water Advisory samples
from Donaldsonville have been analyzed by the Louisiana Department of Health and the
results are NEGATIVE. Therefore, the boil water advisory has been RESCINDED; Parish
Utilities of Ascension (PUA) water is now safe to drink.
The boil water advisory was issued Friday after road construction ruptured a water main on
A boil water advisory has been put in place in parts of Donaldsonville after a water main leak on Mississippi Street.
Ascension Parish is asking locals to disinfect by boiling water for one full minute in a clean container. Then use the boiled water for everyday use.
Low water pressure was reported on Mississippi Street, Iberville Street, and Madison Street.
For more information Parish Utilities can be contacted at 225-450-1071.
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- Mom says she’s been waiting six months for taste, smell to return after COVID. She’s not alone
- If you received unemployment benefits you could owe taxes
- House fire in Baton Rouge caused by laundry malfunction