BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Louisiana are going to honor former LSU basketball player Glen “Big Baby” Davis at the dedication of their new outdoor basketball court.
Nancy Lieberman Charities chose to donate the Dream Court™ the Boys and Girls Clubs of Metro Louisiana because of its “prime location for many area kids and programming.”
The new basketball court should give kids a safe place to play.
One of the goals of this new court is provide a place where lessons in teamwork and good sportsmanship can be learned by kids.
The official unveiling of the “Dream Court” is taking place on Thursday, June 10 at 1 p.m. at the Boys & Girls Club at University Terrace.
Speakers who are scheduled to attend the event are listed below:
- Dr. Pamela Ravare, Mayor’s Office, City of Baton Rouge
- Corey Wilson, BREC Superintendent, City of Baton Rouge
- TBD, Police Department, City of Baton Rouge
- Pat Van Burkleo, CEO, Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Louisiana
- Griffin Gonzalez, Head of Global Charitable Initiatives, American Airlines
- Glen Davis, NBA Professional and Louisiana State University Alum
- Nancy Liberman, Basketball Hall of Famer, BIG3 Head Coach
Davis starred at LSU between between 2004 and 2007.