BRFD: Child playing with matches sparks garage fire

Local News
House Fire_1547823945959.jpg.jpg

The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a fire at 3344 Warren Dr. around 6:10 p.m. on Thursday, January 17. 

BRFD said firefighters arrived at the scene in a little under ten minutes and “the fire started in the garage and was contained to the garage.”

According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, “the rest of the home received heavy smoke damage.”

From the time of arrival it took firefighters only fifteen minutes to extinguish the fire and the home suffered $60,000 in damages. 

Seven total units, four pumpers and one ladder were used to put the fire out.

At the time of the fire there were three individuals in the home including one adult and two kids. 

No one was injured as a result of the fire and the Baton Rouge Fire Department determined that “this fire was caused by a child playing with matches.” 

BRFD said, “the child will be counseled and placed in the Junior Fire Setters Program to be taught about the dangers of fire.” 

BRPD, Entergy and EMS assisted the Baton Rouge Fire Department at the scene of the fire. 

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest BRProud Articles

More Local News

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories