BRFD: Fire caused by unattended candle leaves Packard St. home ‘total loss’

Local News

Baton Rouge Fire Department firefighters combat house fire on Packard Street.
Courtesy of BRFD

BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a house fire on Packard Street caused by an unattended candle.

According to a BRFD spokesperson, firefighters arrived in the 5200 block of Packard Street at around noon Friday to find a home “engulfed in flames.” Officials said the home was a total loss but the home 10 feet away next door received minimal damage.

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest BRProud Articles

More Local News

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories