If you’re interested in becoming a firefighter, now’s your chance. The Baton Rouge Fire Department is recruiting to bring in more that want to serve the community. Here are some requirements:
- Applicants must meet all requirements of the municipal fire and police civil service law, including being a citizen of the united states and passing a civil service examination for the position.
- Before appointment, must pass a medical examination and a physical agility test designed to show good health and the physical abilities necessary to perform the duties of the position.
- Must not be less than eighteen (18) nor more than thirty-five (35) years of age.
- Must posses a valid driver’s license.
- Applicant must possess one of the following: high school diploma, high school equivalency certificate, high school transcript, affidavit from the issuing high school, associate’s or bachelor’s degree, or college transcript, any one of which must indicate that graduation has occurred or a degree awarded.
For a full list of details and how to apply, you can go to their website. The deadline is June 19th.