BRFD: Two escape house fire caused by ‘electrical malfunction’ in kitchen

Local News

A view down the length of a fire truck parked in front of a fire station, with fire – rescue labelled on the side on the side.

BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Two residents escaped a house fire unharmed early Thursday morning, according to Baton Rouge Fire Department (BRFD).

A BRFD spokesperson said firefighters arrived at a home on N. 15th Street to find the kitchen in flames due to an “electrical malfunction.” The fire was contained to the kitchen and the rest of the home sustained smoke damage.

Authorities said the Red Cross assisted the two residents.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest BRProud Articles

More Local News

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories