BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD)- Baton Rouge General announced Friday that it will lift most pandemic-related visitor restrictions starting May 24. The statewide mandate still requires masks at healthcare facilities, and all visitors and patients must wear a mask in all three locations.
One of the biggest changes is that children 12 and older will now be able to visit loved ones in most areas of the hospital, as long as they’re accompanied by an adult:
- In the Behavioral Health Units (BHU), visitors must still be 18 or older
- In the NICU, siblings 12 and older may visit, but any other visitors must be 17
Two visitors are now allowed per patient in more areas, including the Emergency Rooms, ICU and NICU. In the Birth Center, there is no limitation on the number of visitors, unless the mother is COVID-positive. After delivering, two visitors can spend the night.
Visiting hours remain 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., except for select areas:
- ICU – 10 a.m.-12 p.m., 2-5 p.m., and 8:30-10 p.m.
- NICU – 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- BHU – 1-2 p.m. and 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Skilled Nursing Unit – By appointment only
For more information and for up-to-date visitation guidelines, visit brgeneral.org.